Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Jul 07 2002 08:22 PM
95 L is probably a go.

Whether you think it will develop or not, I believe that 95L is a go. I was just looking at the latest GOMEX water vapor loop and it appears that the convection on the western edge of the low is really cranking up and trying to move into the center. If this trend continues we'll probably have depression later tonight. If not then, then tommorrow will almost be certain. That is if it can hold together overnight providing it doesn't develop today. Looks like Arthur is finally on his way after so much teasing.

Another area that I believe needs to be watched it the complex of thunderstorms south of the Bahamas. It looks fairly impressive now, but the models don't develop a low until it gets to the western tip of Cuba. It needs to be watched just in case, but the Gulf system it first and foremost. Like HF said, it could get strong if it decides to meander around or only move slowly west in the Gulf. I'm not ruling out a stong category 1, but that is at the low end of possibilities.
Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center