Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Jul 07 2002 09:41 PM
Re: 5:30 PM tropical outlook.

Kevin & Shawn....Kevin, you were right. I forgot that the Tropical Statement showed that the Recon would go out today..brain fart...Shawn, sorry about that. :-)

I think you're right Kevin. It looks like a big system and I see the LLC beginning to form there; if they are going to send them out, why can't they just stay out? Is there a certain amount of time they spend in the system on recon or do they just fly in and out to report obs to NHC? Just curious.

I think, based on NHC'S more conservative calls in the last year or two, that they will wait and see what happens over night with this system and probably won't see TD until tomorrow morning.

Of course by me saying this, it's almost an absolute certainty that they will call it one at 11:00pm tonight.

Also...I will need a few more loops to look at, as I've only been looking at the latest ones, but is still moving on a westward track? Or more of n/nw track? It looked like it was headed due north to me, but what do I know, LOL!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center