Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jul 08 2002 12:32 AM
structure

one big thing missing.. there isnt a cdo. a few convergence lines with the appearance of bands, yes, but no big convective burst at the low center to focus it. im not sure why... there's even an anticyclonic flow at the upper levels apparent in the cirrus... seems like the convection should be healthier. the ball is tottering on top of the hill, not rolling down yet.. that will start when the cdo flares up, gets the feedback mechanism going. i expect this to happen tonight.
kevin: night recon isnt a problem, it's pretty common. i'm not sure why first fixes are usually done in the afternoon, just the weather recon guys' routine i guess. but for threatening storms they go in every six hours, day or night.
wondering when jj will show up. he's from texas, and usually makes good calls on tropical systems.
pretty good idea of where this thing is going, just none on how strong it will get.
HanKFranK aiken SC 0020z08july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center