Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Mon Jul 08 2002 07:43 AM
Re: vanishing act

well 95L really has lost alot of its punch over night, becomming almost completely devoid of any deep convection. The low is obviuosly still intact, and the most recent satellite images suggest convection may be increasing to the southwest of the centre again. It wont be a TD by the 530am update, expect that to come in about 12 hours if it can get going again. I must admit, yesterday i thought this thing was inevitably going to develop, like 95% sure. Now i am less sure... perhaps 65%, but still expect it to impact the coast late Tuesay as a Tropical Cyclone... possibly only a TD, but still maybe a weak TS...

Rich B

StormWarn2000 IWN

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center