wxman007
(Meteorologist)
Tue Jul 09 2002 02:09 AM
Re: Low Level Circulation

Interesting hypothesis...

Looked over the surface plot and couldn't find anything, so I went to my favorite source of surface data, the WSR-88D...specifically the Miami and Tampa sites...and if you look closely you can see what appears to be a small circulation cross across Florida, exiting into the Gulf near St Pete on a vector of about 290 or so at about 01z or so this evening...unfortunately sunset wasn't kind, but the feature does show up on the last few visible's, although without any significant defination.

Interesting hypothesis, but one little fly in the ointment...if it WAS a LLC, then it was HAULING in the embedded easterly flow...(unless I am seeing something different)...the motion looked awfully fast for it to be any real problem...but I did notice a decrease in convection with a general increase in it's wake...

Might want to shoot an e-mail to Tony C or Jack B....

JK

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center