Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Jul 09 2002 05:06 AM
Here's a prediction for Tuesday and Wednesday...

Various areas between Panama City and Morgan City will get flooding rains in the next 2 days. The last RUC and ETAs that I could find form a low in the NE Gulf in the 12-24 hour period. With all of the associated deep tropical moisture in place and daytime heating to kick-start action along the coast, there will be some big storms with heavy rains and probably some training. Last time we had a moisture setup kinda' similar to this was about 2 weeks ago when the ULL was taking over the NC Gulf. It eventually smacked Texas, but there were many places between Miami and New Iberia that had storm totals well over 10". Most everyone got at least 4-5" during that week.

The lowest future pressure I could find on any of the other models puts the NE Gulf low at 1013 mb. But for whatever reason it seems to me that rainfall totals are under-estimated when there is weak low pressure above 25N. But I can see any given site easily getting a 5-6" rainfall day out of this. My best bet for tomorrow is somewhere between Pensacola and Waveland. I guess we'll see.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center