Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Jul 09 2002 06:48 PM
east gulf

wasnt 95L ridiculous? say what you like about probabilities of a system this time of year, but to me it looked set up. anyhow it's pushed ashore and no news. most of its convection is going across extreme south texas, where it wont be quite the bother it would be in the hill country. for a few hrs now surface obs in the eastern gulf are suggesting that a low is a beam of tampa around 85w. lowest pressures are only about 1017-1018mb. only positive to this area is that there is a lot of convection, and the signature is healthy. right now the nhc outlook says pretty much everything there is to say about this area.
it has a long way to go.
away to the east there is some little mentioned wave convection north of puerto rico. that should be arriving near florida around the time the easterlies slow to a crawl due to the upcoming eastern trough this week.
ya know i was SURE we'd have a system today. goes to show how finicky tropical systems are. and how easily convinced i am.
HF aikenSC 1837z09july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center