Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Jul 09 2002 09:26 PM
Re: 96L

Doug...I just looked at that and I have to say that I am seeing the same thing you are seeing. They mentioned it here this morning on the local wx and also the WC talked about it also. I looked at the NRL page and didn't see 96L there yet. Is that where you found it? I will go with you on the movement as I really can't tell since it just seemed to have blossomed all of the sudden this afternoon. Huge amounts of oranges and reds in the t-storms also. The rain we got here in C. Florida today looked more tropical in nature than that of your regular afternoon seabreeze. Will be interesting to see what happens with it. Also...one more thing before I forget...the NHC Storm Visibles (Is that the right phrase for it? LOL) that's updated every 1/2 hour is focusing on this also. So I would say they are a little interested in it also. Have not checked buoy data yet, or any other information.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center