Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Jul 09 2002 10:04 PM
d ratings

colleen and anyone else who cares, the dvorak ratings are on an ssd (satelite services division) page. the way i understand it, ssd and tafb both do dvorak ratings on the systems.. i'm not sure which is which, usually they are the same but sometimes come out different.
the d-ratings can be found at:
www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/position.html
they are run every six hours, right before the 00z,06z,12z and 18z times.
the names for the systems given do not match what you will find on the NRL page, i guess they restart the numbers every month at ssd. that is why the system we are calling 96L is shown as 93L. why they use numbers in the 90s i have no idea. if i was running the show theyd both have the same name and start with invest 01.. but it isnt my bureaucracy.
as for the system, it still has a confused unfocused look to it. sfc obs arent suggesting a low any more, and to me it looks elongated NW-SE, with more happening back SE than earlier.
95L is inland and looking better than ever! that would be the classic weak system landfall in texas, of course. the seabreeze front it dragged with it is going to drench parts of texas, maybe those that would rather not have it.
HanKFranK aikenSC 2147z09july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center