Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Jul 10 2002 08:28 PM
routine GFDL

thats a pretty normal gfdl run. notice that it initializes the storm a little off, better organized than it is. the model is believable in situations like this.. slow moving storm that intensifies rapidly.. only when a well defined center exists.
gfdl is only predicting that the low will focus and feed back on itself, after all hurricanes are only an efficient way to transfer atmospheric heat.. think of it like a heat siphon that builds on itself once it gets going. think of it as a leak in a dam that becomes a dam break. but the crack isnt there yet, even though convection on the south side away from the center of the low is rather robust at this hour.
i'll get worried if this persists... this is a slow moving gulf system.. but i'm not yet ready to hear the doom cries of people who think every invest will become a major hurricane.
show me a classified system, that is the test.
HanKFranK aikenSC 2014z10july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center