Joe
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jul 11 2002 03:49 PM
Gulf Low

Well here's my analysis on the gulf low. After looking over ruc streamline analysis shows the LLC is located near 27 N / 88.5 W. This appears to be the main area of spin currently seen on visible satellite loop. The upper low is near 26.5 N / 83.5 W. Upper low is closer to Fort Myers say 150 miles west. Also of note on 250 mb analysis showed a upper level high pressure located over southeast states. Now if this were to move south the next couple of days and upper low gets kicked south of surface low I think there would be a good chance of development. This situation would also reduce wind spear which is currently located on northside of the system. Current shear is due in fact to upper low to the east and upper level high to north thus increasing winds in between the two allowing for not the greatest environment for further development. I do expect things to get better the next couple of days as upper high builds south in response to trough in east. So I still believe we may still get are first TD of season.

Joe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center