Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jul 13 2002 07:02 AM
Re: date

>>June 4th, south of Bahamas at 11:00am. That will be a TD.

I hit the jackpot on that one. I must have been jonesing for the season .

I kindasorta like the wave coming into 60 west. - pardon "The only card I need is the Ace of Spades, the Ace of Spades"" thanks -. A bit east of the southern end flared up pretty good today. That tells me there's a little punch down there. It's too far south, but if the northern end of the wave survives the graveyard - and it's gonna be tough, it might be the next thing to watch after the upper trof makes it down. Of course 96L could always emerge with some energy out in front of the trof and develop into something minor or subtropical in the Atlantic. So I don't want to miss out on being right if one of these ends up popping, but I guess I'll play it a little safer and say August 11, 2002 - one month from yesterday.

As to the here and now - youda thought we got 10" of rain by the IR on the Goes 8 today, but I don't think we got more than a 10th of an inch. But as promised, (and 2 days late) there were finally some 5-7" rainfall amounts on the northern Gulf today. Lower St. Mary Parish LA, parts of the county immediately north of Mobile County and the Natchez, MS/Tulullah, LA area all showed daily estimates above 5" before the NWS radars all went out this afternoon. There will be plenty more places picking up 6-7" tomorrow and Sunday.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center