Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Jul 14 2002 11:33 PM
96L-td1

hey, it finally did something besides nothing.. this is one of those baroclinically induced development cases, the usual garden variety early/late season storm. sfc obs still show a goofy elongated storm, but the proximity to the u.s./deep convection is all the convincing the nhc needed this time. i dont recall anybody picking july 14th for a first storm, so nobody gets the cup this year. let there be much lamenting among the psychic community. we get 36-60 hrs with this one before it phases in with a shortwave dropping down into the canadian maritimes, heads up to newfoundland. then its back to watching sheared waves and retrograding cutoffs. the deep tropics wont be ready for another 2-4 weeks.. unlikely to get anything below 20N. just tropical halfbreeds, if anything. td 1/future arthur does seem like a throwback to the last couple of years.. a mid latitude fish spinner. wonder if this is a sign of things to come..
matthew people who like this site dont want incoherent garbage posts between every other clear and useful one. quit acting stupid and make your posts worth reading or stop making them. or go on a juvenile tirade and curse me, get yourself booted, i dont really care. im just tired of seeing posts that a chimp banging a keyboard could better.
HanKFranK irritated in aikenSC 2315z14july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center