ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 20 2002 10:57 PM
Mike C.

I must say that you and John run a very respectful site here. I'm very honored to be able to post my views and comments about something that I don't know a whole heck of alot about but certainly enjoy..... tropical systems. Everyone on this site has always treated me with respect even though they may not agree with what I was saying and that is VERY HARD to find on the internet now days. That is what makes this site second to none. You have made some great improvements this year to this site and it is better than ever. I understand the idea of letting people share their love and interest in hurricanes and having the freedom to do so, but there is a limit. I can't speak for everyone, but the reason why this site is first in my favorites list is because of how enjoyable it is for me to post my views and even more enjoyable to read the posts of those who can help me understand these storms a little better. Right now, I don't find reading CERTAIN posts that are being made very enjoyable. Now I know that I'm not the brightest person on this site and I certainly know that there are many of those who post here who possess greater knowledge than I, but I try to stick to the subject that this great site is based on..... the tropics. I can deal with the fact that someone may not be a great speller or may not use correct grammer....heck I'm one of them, but they should at least stick to the subject at hand and not go out into left field on us. If that is what they want to discuss, they need to go to those sites that are made for that kind of talk. This is NOT one of them. I hope everyone can respect my view on this. Now, I want to get to the item at hand and that is what is happening in the far northwest caribbean. This activity is really starting to crank up and IMO I think it is headed right for the BOC.We know it will lose some convection as it crosses the Yucatan but how much is the key.The flow out of the BOC appears to be headed towards the NW. I know that the circulation that Joe B. was talking about is further south than this actual convection but I'm going to be watching the convection, not the circulation. I feel the nw caribbean cluster could possibly spin upits own circulation after it enters the BOC. At least it is something to keep an eye on. Well, that is about it for now. John C. And Mike C., I know you will do what you think is best for this site and I will be more than happy to abide to any changes you want to make to help keep this site so wonderful.

Thanks,

Shawn S.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center