Rich B
(British Meteorologist)
Wed Jul 24 2002 08:30 AM
Re: 97L interest

ok, i am away for a few days and a lot happens!

looks like 97L is still holding its own with a reasonable signature on satellite imagery. Interesting to see how the invest has been maintained for a couple of days already too. It has also been assigned D-numbers of 1.0 and 1.0 early this morning. Yesterday although it was being monitored it was classed as 'TOO WEAK'. Satellite imagery does indicate some moderate convection associated with the wave, and also shows some shallow banding, both to the north and south of the main area of convective activity. I know it is still a low latitude system, but the motion to the WNW may lift it north enough to get kicking in time.

Anyway, i still think this bears watching.

Rich B

StormWarn2000 I.W.N.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center