Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 02 2002 02:10 PM
I agree caneman...

Mike,

You know I've got nothing but love for CFHC which is my tropical home on the web and will be as long as it's up and running. But sometimes the excitement turns to disappointment. Like caneman said, when you see the new posts and expect them to be at a certain quality or curiosity level - Shawn, caneman, Landfaller, Frank P., Colleen (M.I.A.), the brothers Cornelius, HF, the Jasons, Baby Cat, Ed, Steve H. and the rest of the gang, but you end up with drivel from the likes of Paloma, John in South Florida or Matthew, it just kinda sucks. I appreciate that you guys will deal with this stuff on a case-by-case basis. But I'm sure you can see what I mean by noticing how refreshing this particular thread had been. It was more like the good old days of 2000 and 2001. A little tension and apprehension, some wishcasting, some good analysis, and some predictions. I was loving it. If the posters I referred to as sucking would only bother to read what they typed before posting, they might find that they actually had something to contribute and people might be willing to exchange ideas with them. I don't want this site to be a clique type thing either. I already frequent a couple of those boards and it works for them, but it won't work in all cases.

Okay, I'm coming down off my soapbox. Action in the tropics is heating up this morning. There are a bunch of showers offshore from the Panhandle. The system in the SW Atlantic almost looks more like a MLC than an ULL. I've only looked at it on enhanced radar, but it sure looks like it's starting to make that transition. I was surprsied it started moving out ENE yesterday (appears to be heading slightly south of east or due east today), because I had anticipated it would be dropping SW or SSW. It now seems that low pressure barely visible on the WV loop in Central Georgia may be the triggering mechanism for the Gulf. I still expect something to pull together this weekend in the Central Gulf, but I haven't had time to look at anything but the satelite photos so far. I'll be back later! Happy Friday to all.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center