Ricreig
(User)
Fri Aug 02 2002 03:11 PM
Re: July Is Nearing End...

In reply to:

Looking at this link:
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-wv-loop.html
You can clearly see the center of rotation moving off to the East. Any chance of this one getting going?

Guys and gals....too bad this was from anonymous, but it illustrates to me a feature of a good post that I would like to see a lot more of: Namely, the inclusion of a URL or URL's that illustrate *what* the poster is looking at or basing their opinion on.

I have built up a library of good URL's regarding weather, and I check them quite often. Many now are broken links, but when people include the URL's they used in forming their opinions, it does at least 2 things: It allows me to see what they saw while forming their opinion and second, it allows us to rebuild or extend our collection of good weather information URL's.

Don't be shy next time Mr or Mz Anonymous, take credit for your information and opinions.

Let the posting of URL's be a trend, not an exception....

Thanks for not assuming we all have knowledge of the same weather resourses as you do....that goes for all who post URL's as a supplement to their posted opinions.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center