Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun May 19 2002 02:25 AM
Re: European Model update...

Hey Anonymous. I'll leave you with this part of the Bastardi thread from today. It'll cheer you up a bit:

I am leaving on yesterdays discussion as the ideas outlined as to what questions will have to be answered about the possibility of tropical problems from the gulf are still be raised by the models and more importantly by the pattern we are in this morning. Again the MRF is later than the european, but it is of some interest that both go toward the idea outlined for possible early season mischief again this year, that was put forth before the modelling saw it. That does not mean it has to happen, it does mean in the general sense I may be on to something as where this pattern is going. This mornings MRF out at days 12-15 show the trof backing further and in the lakes and Ohio valley as the summer pattern slowly evolves. It is my contention at this time that is will pull back a bit further. than that for the core of the summer.

This means the spectre of drought from west and central Texas for the summer back into the southern and central Rockies, perhaps spreading into the northern plains. It also means that the southeast had better hope the next month is wet, and of course that would mean trying to get help out of the tropics, be it storm or return moisture, but that is talked about below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either this means we're in for a cool summer or if we don't get the rain we need early, something's going to supply it later.

Some food for thought.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center