Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Aug 02 2002 06:18 PM
Updated Buoy Information...

Huh? What? on the last two matthew posts.

42039 - Pensacola - Pressure at 29.94 vs. 29.98 yesterday at 12 noon. NE winds at 9.7 knots.

42040 - 64 nm South of Dauphin Island - 29.94 vs. 29.98 yesterday. Winds NNE @ 9.7 knots.

BURL1 - Southwest Pass, LA - 29.97 vs. 30.03 yesterday. Winds N @ 12 knots.

42041 - North Mid Gulf - 29.98 vs. 30.02 yesterday. Winds WSW @ 3.9 knots.

42001 - Mid-Gulf 180 nm South of SW Pass, LA - 30.01 vs. 30.04 yesterday. Winds North @ 19.4 knots.

So this is in line with my predictions yesterday of an approximately .05" drop in pressures if the trend continued as I envisioned it. I said they'd drop .1" in most places yesterday which they did, and that they'd drop .05" today, which is pretty close (most .04"). However, pressures are rising or steady at almost all of these stations. That is to be expected at noon time in the summer. Let's see what they do tomorrow. If they drop another .05-.1", obviously something is going to cook. But also, since there are no rapid pressure falls or anything, there's not going to be an immediate spin-up today.

Bill and ShawnS,

I also can't figure out why there is no mention of the Gulf outside of a minor note in the Discussion. TPC went WHACK last year. It appears they're still there again. No doubt we'll have storms 'completely missing depression stage' again this year.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center