Ricreig
(User)
Fri Aug 02 2002 07:03 PM
Re: I think the nhc went to hell last year

In reply to:

we can make better forecast there is over 130 of us on here there only a hand count of them they are sleeping in there beds they get paid 100,000 dollers a year so this better get to work before I start wright more.

Golly Mr Anonymous, Last I looked the NHC was made up of a few, often pressured, *people* called meterologists that have an awsome responsibility to the public. One of those responsibilities include NOT crying WOLF so often as to induce people to ignore *real* wolves.

It is up to us many weather enthusiasts to show the world our hind ends, make WAGs (Wild Ass Guesses) and call every frog we see a wolf. *That* is *our* job, doing the best they can is the TWC's job.

On the whole, the TWC does a good job and provides much fodder for us hobbiests to use in forming our *opinions*, opinions that don't cause panic when published, opinions that don't cause undue evacuations, opinions that are wrong much more often than they are right.

Our collective "wisdom" may from time to time, produce a better forcast than the official sources might, but in the long run, our wisdom often leads us to draw incorrect conculusions. The main difference, our conclusions don't usually cause panic, great expense or loss of life.

IHMO
Richard

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center