Ricreig
(User)
Fri Aug 02 2002 07:48 PM
Re: 2 swirls of east coast?

In reply to:

There appears to a weak surface low developing near Tampa. Take a look a look at this loop...
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p19r0/si.ktbw.shtml

There is an abundance of moisture in the NE Gulf, to be sure, especially S of New Orleans, but I am not seeing rotation, just 'blooming'. There is a lot of dry air just to the west and I think that *if* any rotation would try to start there, this dry air would infiltrate and weaken or kill it before it gets started.

That said, this dry air is slipping past rapidly and appears to be losing its' identity somewhat. So, as a previous poster noted, the NE Gulf is ripe for development, the SST's are providing plenty of energy, the moisture is still in place and the Gulf is a favorite starting point this time of the year. Most certainly worth watching.

The NW movement I noted in the low off NE Fla does seem like more of a wobble than a direction so as it is moving slowly, the pressures at SL dropping somewhat and circulation evident, this area deserves our divided attention...divided between it and the Gulf

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center