ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Aug 04 2002 02:33 AM
Re: Updated Tropical Weather Discussion

As I stated in one of my earlier posts, I figured this system would fizzle out when the models had it developing and coming my way. As long as I have been following hurricanes I have NEVER seen the models correctly predict the development or direction of a system that was SUPPOSE to have come to the Houston area. For some reason the tropical systems we get here are ones that were not predicted by the models to develop or ones that develop right on our doorstep (meaning just off the Upper Texas coast.) It looks like we will be in another lull for a while until the eastern Atlantic starts to fire up.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center