Ricreig
(User)
Sun Aug 04 2002 02:39 PM
Re: August and Two Things Worth Watching

In reply to:

but it is getting a little frustrating to sit and watch this happen time after time. One of these babies has to develop sooner or later.....

On an acedemic level, I have to agree it is frustrating, but in real life, I would not wish severe weather on our friends in the N Central Gulf (or anywhere for that matter). To give myself something to do instead of being frustrated that they are NOT developing is to try and figure out *why* they didn't and give thanks my mobile home isn't getting blown off the bricks it sets on...nor are any of my friends or neighbors.

I just remember that when these things *do* develop, they often cause many people more than just a little acedemic excitement.....I was in Biloxi when Camile came through, and that wasn't acedemic excitement at all, it was terror.

Yes, I am a devout weather enthusiast but never ever hope for the formation of severe weather to threaten me or others. .... however, if you want a storm for yourself, tell me where you live and I'll try and send a small F1 tornado your way

I will say that my good wishes aside, it does look like the N GOM is starting to develop rotation and some banding is evident, including what looks like a classic feeder band may coming in from the south.

It may not develop into a storm, but I'd surely take my umbrella if I lived in the Mibile area +- a hundred miles....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center