Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 05 2002 04:20 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Bertha Forms

Just got back from The Point @ West End on the lakefront. The waves were coming over the concrete jetties and bulkhead, spraying about 8-9 feet at times over the side. There were plenty of kids enjoying themselves, but the cops ran everyone off. It's cloudy and breezy. The wet side comes later tonight and tomorrow. They're calling for up to 8" of rain here which could cause some local flooding. Unfortunately I don't have a good enough excuse to call in sick and stay home drinking the 10 St. Pauli Girls I have left, so I'll let the wife and kids stay home and have some fun.

Shawn, you're right again. The 10pm advisory changed the course. The center of circulation will pass south of the City of New Orleans and not track across the Northshore as was previously predicted. I expect the rainfall to pick up significantly after midnight as was the trend last night. It should last throughout the day tomorrow. Everyone from Mobile to Morgan City and 65 miles north needs to bring their raincoats to work. I gotta say though, that even though I'm excited we're going to have tropical storm conditions, the last time I was this underwhelmed was for TS Hermine. LOL.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center