ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Aug 06 2002 11:47 AM
Re: Here's Bertha...

Again, I caution everyone Not to depend on these models so much. My hunch was right on the remains of Bertha just stalling and eventually raining itself out. It never did take that west to southwest move or the continual northwest track that the models said it would. Now if a dummy like me can sit here and out perform these models sometime, then we need to start paying closer attention to other possibilities that the models are not picking up on. That brings me to TD#3. The models are still bullish on this trough picking it up and sending it out, but we all see what is going on here and it is leaning towards the models being wrong again. I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure that the models will be incorrect on this one because I know that the logical thing is to think that TD#3 will be picked up. However, models never what to go out on a limb on things, which means they would NEVER predict a trough MISSING a system. The models could be right still, but right now I'm leaning towards this thing making it into the gulf. I can't believe I'm actually ageeing with Joe B. HAHAHA!!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center