Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 06 2002 11:39 PM
Yep...We've got things to watch

I;ll give Bertha a good shot at regenerating. Anything that has maintained a good circulation and enters the warmth of the GOM deserves attention, specially with the ridge to the north. TD#3 is perplexing. Anyone get the final recon info?? Seems like on the Dvorak loop, he LLC I can see is at about 29.8N/76.5W, drifting SW. Unless there's some other LCC I can't see under the convection. Seems the area just ENE of the deep convection is the center of rotation. Hard to argue with Dr. Avila when he is so confident that a shortwave will come and rip this TD NE...he's pretty good. but that remains to be seen. Bertha may be the best thing to look at right now. These will at least keep us busy until the Atlantic can get going. I haven't even looked that far east today. Cheers!! Steve H.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center