Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 07 2002 02:35 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Cristobal Forms From TD3

O.K. I'm a little upset, and I'd like people to respond. Tropical Cyclones are my hobby and they are very intriguing and dangerous. I wouldn't wish them on anyone yet you can't help but marvel at their awesome power. Here's my concern. I live on Big Pine Key in the Florida Keys. I watch this board daily, perhaps too often but there could be worse addictions. We had T.D. 3 moving E at that point. At least the TPC said it was moving east. It's the first day of lobster season down here, I had the day off from work so we were on the water all day. At noon we had fair sky's as the day went on the sky became milky white. Now if a storm is moving east that is supposedly over 30.5 N which is above Jacksonville then why am I seeing the sky become overcast in the Florida Key's.

My main point is that the TPC should be looking out for the publics interest. If this storm decides to move SW it's only hours away from the Florida coast. We are diehard weather folks who are always looking for angles. What about the regular people who believe whatever the local or in this case the national weather folks say. They would never know that a potentially damaging storm is only hours away.

My goal is not to point fingers. It's only to bring the point up that Cristobal is listed at being above 30 degrees north when in fact there is NOTHING above that that latitude as we speak. In fact most of the precip is parallel with Central Florida. What I want is an agency that gives us all of the options (know matter how crazy) like Joe Bastardi. That way we can make our own assumptions and perhaps give people a few MORE days notice when bad weather approaches.

Look at this storm and imagine if it moved 200 miles west and pulled an Opal? Even if the chance was 10% wouldn't you want to know? I'll get off my soap box now. Thank you for reading.
Keith

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center