ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 08 2002 01:52 PM
Re: The Return of Bertha

I just know in past years that systems that are located where this system is normally start to recurve and then are a threat to the east coast and not the gulf. If that high pressure builds in,though, it seems like it may want to push it more towards the gulf. I just don't know enough about these systems yet to really take an educated guess at what it might do. I have noticed the blow up with Bertha this morning. It almost looks like she is trying to reform her center further and further south of where it has been. I'm starting to wonder if any of Texas is going to see any rain from her. The way it is going, it could be Mexico that gets all the rain...hahaha.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center