ShawnS
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 10 2002 11:16 PM
Re: Random thoughts...

First of all, I'm NOT a Texans fan. In fact,even though I know about pro football, my passion is COLLEGE FOOTBALL! I'm a huge SOONER FAN! The problem is that we seem to have gotton the "kiss of death" this year because we are picked by SI to be #1 and worst of all, we are on the cover of the college football preview issue that just came out. Anyway, my problem with this situation is that, at best, I see it as being just another waste of a name ( this is also how Joe B. refers to this type of situation). The remains of Bertha that came ashore down around Corpus only gave them about an inch of rain. Heck, we get more than that from just an afternoon shower around here. If anything is going to develop than at least let it be worth putting a name on it. I just think that IF anything does happen, it will be one of those where we will sit back afterwards and scratch our heads and wonder why this one didn't get going,either.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center