Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 11 2002 03:05 PM
Re: Random thoughts...

There is really nothing going on that is important in the near term...but the LONG TERM concerns me. The wave currently coming off of Africa has a SQUALL LINE ahead of it...many times these types of waves move very quickly across the Atlantic...that would mean warmer waters for this one could arrive quickly. I'd watch this one closley once it gets around 45-50 west, it could develop there or soon after. Looks like a good candidate for the first Cape Verde/western Atlantic storm of the year, possibly the first hurricane. Time will tell if this one wins or loses to subsidence.

I'd like to wish a happy birthday to our newest board member here, CYCLONEYE. I heard on another board today was his birthday, so I'd like to wish him a happy one today and many more after that.

Hey, wednesday is my birthday and I'll be 15! Maybe a nice little DOLLY would be good to go along with a piece of cake and a gift!
Take care and watch the tropics carefully,
Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center