Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 11 2002 04:22 PM
Re: Random thoughts...

Agreed. A very happy birthday to Cycloneye - everyone's eye on the SW Atlantic. It surprises me that you're only 14 Kevin. You represent yourself as well or better than I do. Keep up the good work. I read all your posts.

You're right though. There's not a whole lot going on. I thought something might simmer in the NW Gulf today, but there are only some banding features and alot of rain off the LA coast in the Morgan City vicinity. The pressures throughout the Central and Western Gulf are pretty high. Most of the models want to develop something a couple hundred miles off the SE Coast and move it NNE in the next few days. There is also some convection down in the mid-Gulf, but it's just disturbed weather. I don't see a whole lot - except for some eventual showers for the Coast - down there. There is a wave moving into the islands that just started to blow up. But the Carib is pretty hostile for development. The only 3 places we can really expect to see anything of note over the next few days would be in the Gulf, off the SE Coast and in the Central-Eastern Atlantic. The only change up here is that the strong East winds are now shifting to the SE and rotating in some rain from the wave moving toward Texas.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center