(Weather Master)
Sun Aug 11 2002 08:10 PM
Re: Some of that nasty NW Gulf rain is moving through here now.

Looks like a big blob in the NW Central gulf but just not any orginization to go along with it. Even though it's not organized that does not mean your not going to get a lot of rain and damaging winds, it will also usually affect a larger area. Don't say good-by to it until it's inland and then you have watch for a UE.

Now on the other hand, the SE GOM looks like it is holding together and I can begin to see a little spin there. I checked the buoys and ship reports and they are reporting a slight pressure drop. I think that we really need to keep an eye on this area. Any comments on this area? T. Leap

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center