Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 11 2002 05:16 PM
abc...

done vacationing. i see that nothing much has happened. watched on limited media bertha track back offshore and then fail to do anything interesting. lost track of cristobal.. which turns out to be pretty much what happened with everybody. and, of course, read the new forecast by dr. gray's bunch at colostate. not convinced.
gray has brought up some truly lazy analog years to describe the overall global picture. for one el nino doesnt look moderate at all, and for two inhibited deep tropics activity doesnt necessarily translate to what happens in the subtropics. anyhow who cares, i'm still on 12-8-4. yes i know that i only have one more tropical storm left. i hear you noaa, gray, ed dunham... but i must see this to believe.
three pathetic systems down, six or nine to go.
nothing looking particularly threatening in the basin. gulf watchers can only dream. area north of puerto rico is sort of interesting.. but doesnt look to be much of a surface feature. maybe a weak deep layer cyclone forming over subtropical waters off the mid atlantic along that old front, in spite of rising pressures. very far from getting a warm core.
and then there's the deep tropics. there is fair agreement that little will come from there this year.. this i can believe. the meatier waves havent arrived yet, neither has the subsidence or fast easterly flow left. anything from here will most likely have to work its way into the subtropics to develop. maybe a mid season storm or two will manage to squeeze through.
this coming week watch off the east coast or near puerto rico, with a lazy eye. globals dont really like anything out there and neither do i.
side note: you know in the old dukes of hazzard episodes, how it's set in north georgia but was obviously filmed in the hills outside los angeles? its starting to look like california up there.. drought is significantly worse than it is here. hardwoods are already shedding leaves, pine beetles are mangling the evergreens, and to top it all off the weeds are dying on the roadsides. a tropical system this year would be a godsend if it didnt wreck too much.
HF aikenSC 2110z11august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center