Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 13 2002 10:40 PM
perks

have to wonder about some little loose ends. there isnt anything on the table right now, but a couple of things bastardi mentioned are nagging.. and a couple things i've noticed are too.
bastardi talked about the possibility of an arthur-esque storm developing from a gulf disturbance that tracks up the coastal plain and off the mid atlantic.. well, i can see it. some of the globals are suggesting it doing something like that. other thing he mentioned that i saw little in earlier but more in at this hour is the western gulf. convection down there is refiring and arcing under an upper ridge, right on the mexican coast. if it can manage anything it will either track inland or north.. rain for texas either way.
that invest north of hispaniola is very unimpressive. convection comes and goes and is trackable.. but nothing to suggest a surface feature. something to follow but nothing to believe in.
other two areas that have my interest: fish spinner country.. remember that deep layer low that's tracking out to sea off the northeast.. globals have it tracing the north side of the ridge and then backing south over marginal waters, well out to sea. remote fish spinner threat, but something to note nonetheless.
deep tropics: a couple of the waves have low level swirls that may clear the subsidence deadzone. ed mentioned one of them in his forum pieces. the northwestward feature is what i'm most interested in.. it will be near 20/60 tomorrow. trailing wave has a convective burst that is bubbled outside the itcz.. appears robust. dont see that it has much potential, but a possible precursor to waves that can generate something.
a few things to look at as usual, nothing imminent. maybe something interesting by the weekend though.
HF 2241z13august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center