Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 15 2002 05:36 AM
gulf and elsewhere

western gulf disturbance is interesting.. trudging north and refiring convection. wonder how long this can go on without something trying to organize. as of now nothing to suggest much in the way of development.. but due to the place and movement.. obviously some cause to take notice.
still think maybe a central atlantic system.. though the energy seems to have split away early and there are several low level swirls out there.. NAO on the slide making things stew up i guess. figure on something trying to pop out there this weekend.. not sure if the models have it progged right though.
stuff on the itcz is pretty pathetic. another non-invest like the last in my opinion.. fairly sure anyway.
hmm.. wonder what that poll i posted earlier says. off we go.
HF 0537z15august
(by the way steve that last post.. thats me and my tact. known enough real hurricane victims so that i get sort of irritated when people sound like they want a big scary hurricane to hit.. though im sure (hope?) nobody here really wishes anything of the sort.. just my way of saying HEY wait a minute. not like moderating.. just trying to get reasonable people to think about what theyre saying.. its not like were dealing with matthew or paloma nonsense logic/jibberish. nobody ever tells ME to straighten up.. thus the poll on how y'all take my posts. trying to be a model citizen on the board... not a nag.)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center