Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 15 2002 12:16 PM
Re: gulf and elsewhere

Oh I know. No harm, no foul HF. I voted the 2nd option, and last I checked, that was the consensus. And yeah, Jason, I probably should log in. I'm logged in at work, but due to the constant barrage of my wife's internet hearts addiction on yahoo here at home, I have to constantly clear the cookies and history to make this cheeky celeron 450ish run right - that's with cable modem and all.

Western GoM fired up over the Tx/LA border this morning. There's some 3-4" just south of Beaumont. Looks like the trof moved in behind it from the SW and lifted the firing mechanism (whatever it was) up to the coast. It's a non-event unless you're underneath it. The squeeze is on with the westbound wave now out over the eastern Gulf. Looks like somebody in the interior southeast (what is now referred to as hell on earth) is gonna get a drink. Good for them. I like peaches, pecans, vidalia onions and tobacco.

So inquiring eyes have to turn east. Maybe 91L is blazing the trail for its siblings yet to come. At least there's stuff to look at. But I guess the same goes for the guy or gal who gets off of work late and heads to the cantina. There's something to look at, but not much to see.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center