Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Aug 15 2002 06:01 PM
Watching the Bahamas?

Hey there fellow weather watchers! Sorry I haven't been here in so long, but I was just "busy" with kids, work, etc.
Anyway...I was looking at the area mentioned near the Bahamas, and from what I am seeing it doesn't look organized right now, although it has a lot of convection with it. Is this the same area the NRL had as 90L Invest the other day? It's in the same general area as that one was, but since I have not looked at any visibles since then I didn't know if it had completely dissipated and this was a new wave or what. I also checked out the OSU Met Site for the wx statements, winds in that area varying from light to moderate and I am not seeing a lot of cloud blowoff that you would see when there is a lot of shear. I did go back into the Models and I noted that on the 13th the NHC ran a test on Tropical Depression AT90L (I think it was AT, not sure but it was the one near DR/Bahamas). The coordinates had it in the same basic area this one is in, with the 72 hour SHIPS forecast giving it winds of 54 knts which we know would be a TS at the least.

I don't know about any other Florida residents here on the West Coast, but here in Polk County last night we got SLAMMED. It was very scary for a while.

Anyway.....just wanted to pop my head in, say hi and get some feedback.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center