Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 17 2002 01:42 PM
Re: Cape Verde season will see a couple of systems

What I find interesting about the setup this year is if the high had been just a little weaker, we would all have been exposed early in the season. I don't know what the future holds, but you know I'm watching.

H/F, I don't have an answer. I don't know what I think about the wave off the keys/straits. If things go like they have been, and if the Bermuda High noses our way, it's probably more rain for TX/Mex. I haven't looked at it today yet, but today and tomorrow will be the tell tale days as to whether or not something can form early-mid week. With the flow, I was initially thinking it would cruise across the Gulf in 2-3 days. But I haven't looked at the 200MB or shear projections for early week.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center