Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 18 2002 02:30 AM
things of little consequence

well.. as far as the wave at 30W goes.. i've seen worse looking invests this year. if it still looks angry at 40W i'll get interested. no legitimate development threats at this hour.. couple of swirls in the subtropics have my eye. one is around 35N 50W.. semiconvective weak low. the remnants of an MCC that moved off the mid atlantic last night is around 35/68 drifting east too.. most of the convection is gone. either of these can become something should they persist and keep firing convection.. but nothing of much consequence. watch thewave if you want that.
hey moreland nice MJO forecast... know where i can get stuff explaining how it works? like what causes it, specifically why it makes convection perkier..
anyhow if your forecast for september/october activity verifies i'll be very impressed. good luck getting the storms to behave as foretold.
HF 0231z18august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center