Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 22 2002 01:07 AM
Re: That big wave will be the turning point for cape verde season

Evening all

Wave in NW Caribbean maintaining its convection throughout the day, of what's out there at the moment this one's certainly got my attention... espcially since its so close to the GOM... Yeah there's some upper lows in the area which will hinder development but the system look rather impressive on the IR tonight, also hints of a WNW to NW movement, as best I can determine.... something to watch in a season to date of little significance....

Some discussion by Mr Sheppard on FOX news today that's the area where Camille develop. He's close, but Camille was more north northeast of where this system is, and was basically due south of Havanna when she became a hurricane.... but close enough in general...

Colleen glad to see you back!.
Hey Steve, was TS Bertha a monster or what.... on the beach in Biloxi we got at least 0.10 inches of rain and wind gusts to 20 mph.... geesh

HF, you're right - looks like Colleen and I didn't miss much. Said earlier in the season that thing don't really get cranked until mid Aug to end of Sept... if things don't start cranking up soon then I'll start grilling the crow! Beer in crow on the beach in Biloxi if we don't have at least three named storms in the next three weeks!!!!

I've been remodeling my house during the summer, so I don't want any hurricanes over this way for sure...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center