Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Aug 23 2002 06:24 PM
Re: 100 days left in the 2002 Hurricane season

I don't want to be a party pooper on this whole Andrew Birthday Party going on all over the media and weather sites but I don't think I have much left to be said. What more can be said? I have spoken for years about how it felt to be here and the night before, the shopping, my friends who had their houses destroyed, going without electric for over a week in Miami far from the eye wall and by the way my mother lived on South Beach and she went for almost a MONTH without her phone being put back in service although Collins Avenune had service within a day. You never hear about other areas and what a mess it was to clean up areas that weren't in the strongest winds. There was barely any rain. I've spoken for hours to way too many people and its all in the past. I'm tired of it. I'm almost sick of it. These media feeding frenzies on the radio are tiring me out. The storm was upgraded and that I think was right and exciting, happening news not retelling the same tired story. We are in a real dull dudd of a season right now, yet it could get busier in Sept and October. Could, wish it would for lots of reasons.

Someone asked me today at work "how is tomorrow going to affect you?" and I just stared. I couldn't think of anything to say. It was ten years ago. Show me a storm bearing down on South Florida and I'll think about Andrew. For now I'm going to relax tomorrow, enjoy the day, read or rest.

If you ask me if I would like to sit around and talk about Andrew all day for the next two days.. nope, not interested. I'd rather spend the day with someone I love watching the calm blue soft water of the Atlantic, under the strong high pressure that wraps above us. Go dancing. Love. Listen to great music. Enjoy the sunrise and the sunset with someone special. Read a good book. Take a good shower. Laugh with a best friend.

I do not want to spend my life reliving the past and talking about the big one that got away or relive thoughts and memories from long ago when I could be living today, enjoying today and hoping next time the big one comes through that we will all make it safely through the storm.

I agree with Zzzz person. Bring on the storms or let me go back to sleep, and dream only of the future not the past.

So, sue me if I am a party pooper.. I'm just not interested.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center