(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 24 2002 03:18 AM
A FINE LINE

There is a fine line that divides my own mind and thoughts when it comes to my interest and fascination of tropical storms, yet the devastation that one can bring will change your life forever. I know if I experienced an Andrew I probably would not ever want to see another.
The question was asked earlier, ARE WE COMPLACENT? I think that most of us are. Many residents in my area of W Central Florida thinks they have been in a hurricane, when all they have experienced is a strong tropical breeze. HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS can never be talked about enough in my opinion. Our local Emergency Management has a great list of things for you to do to help you prepare, but my concern is that most people just go thru the motion of gathering supplies and not really have a workable plan.I'll use myself as an example, Elena in '85 was approaching the W Central Coast line. I stood in long lines just like I thought I should do and got my 3 gallons of water and a loaf of bread just like I was told to do.Oh, by the way I had a 2 litter bottle of water for my dog. The point that I am trying to make is that I really had NO CLUE AS TO WHAT WAS LURKING OUT THERE. We were fortunate Elena moved away. I think, and I hope that I am a little more prepared today than I was back then. That's why I love all this information. THANK YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!
TONI

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center