Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 27 2002 10:10 PM
Re: Finally, we have a nice candidate for some development.

I think we have a (south) Cape Verde winner here. It will be intresting to see if she (Dolly) makes it past the islands or get pushed ENE by the westerly shear and/or torn apart by a large cold low is spinning SE of the Azors and moving south if not SE. You can see this in the current WV imagery. It will be intresting see if the shear does relax, as what I have read here will happen. If the shear does not relax (my bet) Dolly could find herself in a squeeze play between the westerly shear and the cold low spinning SSE. Although, if she is strong enough, she could produce her own environment and get past the islands. Time will tell.

PS - Look at the wave on the heals of this wave !! Impressive. Hope you all had a good rest...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center