Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Aug 28 2002 06:50 PM
many things of interest

bill.. think i see what youre talking about. that might just be another max on the EW trough that usually hangs off west africa this time of year. it's of note that the dvorak rating on 92L has gone up to 1.5 from the last analysis. naw, i dont think the feature to the SW is anything more than a itcz max inside the larger trough envelope... just look at 92L on the vis.. you can see it has its own clear identity within the area. to top it off, both are at very low latitude--the SW feature is really too far down to compete. to compress everything i just said.. i can see how the expected usual impediments enter the mind, but dont think theyll get this one.
the more immediate question right now is what comes out of all that mess from the bahamas east. several possible features could steal the show in the area.. if any do, then we'll probably get something on the doorstep of the SE this weekend. and then models are hinting at a low becoming discrete in the gulf by next week.
then theres the fish spinner possible, and the sw carib disturbance which refuses to fade... and i havent even started on the pacific.
mjo works wonders, doesnt it?
well, there might be a system named hernan running just off the mexican coast next week. some central pac activity (maybe another system near hawaii), and fausto's remnants are moving back into warm waters north of the hawaiian islands... possible rebirth.
another landfalling westpac typhoon too, pretty soon..
gee, thats the whole northern hemisphere.
HF TLH, FL 1846z28august

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center