Kevin
(Weather Master)
Wed Aug 28 2002 09:44 PM
Back from studying for a couple hours...

Looks like I'm well prepared for the test tomorrow, so, lets talk tropics. I saw the 5:30 PM TWO (thanks for posting it) and you said some lit a match off? Comparped to the last few weeks, it looks like someone set a bomb off in the Atlantic! I also see another area for the TWO later tonight, the wave moving off of Africa.
E Atl wave has lost some convection, but they always do this. The wave is going through and organizational phase and convection should explode later tomorrow. I'm also really tired of hearing the persistant bullshit about this wave dying before it reaches the islands. Um, last time I checked, the shear was going to lighten up significantly in the Caribbean by 48 hours, long before the wave ever arrives. The only problem I see is that it will encounter some shear around 45-50W, but I see it overcoming this.

The wave east of Florida should be a slow development candidate by the end of this week. An upper-level ridge is building in and that spells F-A-V-O-R-A-B-L-E.

The area of convection in the Caribbean looks more like a trof of low pressure than a wave, this is probably because of the shear. However, I am beginning to see a very slow development out of this as the ridge builds in.

Kevin

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center