Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Aug 29 2002 05:44 PM
Re: Where we actually need to be looking---sw carib?

Ok, I posted this before but when I closed the page out and then came back, it wasn't there. Hm.

I'm not quite sure that I would be willing to bet that TD4 will be a fishspinner just yet...there are too many factors involved to do that, IMHO. For now anyway, it looks to be a pretty healthy system anyway.

As far as the Bahamas area is concerned, I can't seem to locate that feature (I'm more than likely blind) but I did notice the area at 68W, and that is beginning to look pretty interesting also.

As Bill mentioned, the system near the Bahamas may make for an interesting Labor Day Weekend. However, since I am unable at this moment to locate it, LOL, would someone please be kind enough to give me a general area to look at? Lat/Long coordinates would be even better. I did see a spin just barely N of Jamaica, I'm not sure if this is the area of concern or not. Also noticed that the NHC is saying a "reconnaissance aircraft will investigate this system tomorrow if necessary".

The area in the lower BOC IS looking mighty impressive at the moment; however, I've seen what seems like the same exact picture in the same exact area a few times this year....only to watch them fade into nothing. I have heard that the shear is suppossed to lessen in that area and there is a ridge of high pressure building above it, so who knows?

Hopefully, this time my post will actually post. :-)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center