Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Aug 30 2002 04:40 PM
Re: GOM LOW

I did elaborate.

I just read the Recon Flight Plan, and unless they've changed it, and it wasn't updated, they are going in today: Here are the coordinates for today's flights: 12.5N/80.0W
Tomorrow's coordinates are: 13.0N/82.0W

Also...I just looked at 12:00UTC loop from the Eastern Atlantic, and unless I am not looking at where the center is, it appears that it may have jogged just a bit to the north. Can anyone else see that? I looked at the last 3 coordinates for Dolly: 9.7N/33.7W
9.8N/34.9W
10.4N/37.2W

Seems that between the 2nd and 3rd coordinates, it sure has moved alot. I know it has a high forward motion, but could it have deviated that much in the last 6 hours? Just curious.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center