Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 31 2002 11:08 AM
Re: my take

Woke up early this morning and looked at Goes-8. Wave in NW Caribbean, pulsing action at 26/73, 30/60, 20/60, 10/55 - looks like a slow march. 26/73 has to be watched. This could easily be a threat to the SE Coast for heavy rain if nothing else. Anything that might happen in the Gulf won't be evident until Sunday. However, if something becomes apparent, there exists a TS landfall possibility for Tues. or Wed. I haven't looked at this morning's model runs yet to see where everything is going, but I'll get to do that when I wake back up i a few hours.

I don't have a call on Dolly right now one way or another. Earlier, she was looking like a threat to the northern Islands, but NHC says no on the 5am. Critical for Dolly is where her low level center is - assuming she has one, and what strength she's at in 72-96 hours. 50/50 threat or fish spinner right now. If her motion continues WNW then even more NW, the threat is probably over. Original thinking had this motion then a turn back to the west.

All in all, there's a lot of stuff to watch this Labor Day Weekend in the tropics. And speaking of Labor Day, don't forget there are insane drunks all over the roads this weekend. So party it up but make sure you don't do anything stupid behind the wheel. Watch out for the other guy too.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center