Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Aug 31 2002 02:19 PM
Re: BUSY WEEKEND AHEAD

Scott....what can I say. I am going to do this: IF you are right and Dolly is de-classified and then re-classified, I will pat you on the back (so you don't have to do it constantly) forever. However, I do not think that Dolly was or is an "easy forecast" at all. For crying out loud, the NHC is having a hard enough time with her track and intensity. Being a meteorologist yourself, you of all people should know that tropical weather is not and NEVER WILL BE an exact science. Atmospheric changes can occur at any given time (re:Andrew) and take us all by surprise.

I've been here for 4 years, and every year you take every chance you get to pat yourself on the back. It is very hard to take someone seriously when everything they say is a tribute to themselves.

John and Mike...if you think I am out of line here, kick me off, I don't care anymore. I'm just tired of it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center