Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Aug 31 2002 08:09 PM
Storm close to US on labor day(what we don't need)

If the low near the bahamas (94L) is becoming a depression, than the east coast from florida to North Carolina MUST keep an eye out. While I doubt that it will become anything stronger than a tropical storm, it will make going to the beach along the Southeast coast require careful planning. I'm trying not to be a doomsayer; I'm just saying that especially this weekend, vacationers should be careful.
Whenever I think of labor day, I tend to remember people in Massachusets boarding up their houses in case of Hurricane Edouard. The hurricane ended up swinging to the east missing Long Island and Cape Cod, but now I will always connect Labor Day with hurricanes.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center